“Yesterday is but today’s memory, tomorrow is today’s dream.”
~ Kahlil Gibran
Every month, the new moon is the perfect time for new beginnings, dealing with change, and to pause and reflect.
On March 2, at 11:34 am Central Time (the time and day depends on where you live), the new moon will be in dreamy, mysterious, spiritual, mystic, and poetic Pisces.
Last time when we set our intention, the New Moon was in Aquarius. Our questions were about seeking guidance in navigating unexpected changes and power struggles in our objective world. Since then, the Aquarian desire has been driving individuals and nations forward to break free from controlling forces. Saturn is still trying to dim the freedom urges of Aquarius and will even try to turn Mercury, the planet of communication into an ally, in the first week of March, complicating matters.
Thankfully the sun, moon, and positive Jupiter in Pisces will help us out and will bring out the positive qualities of Uranus in Taurus. But, Uranus being in Taurus might still evoke a sense of frustration in us because it could feel as if we have one foot on the gas pedal and the other on the break. This feeling is enforced by the 3 planets, including Pluto, that are all conjunct together in another earth sign, Capricorn.
How to cope with all these tensions?
The new moon in Pisces can help us to turn inward, into our subjective world, instead of observing and experiencing everything that is going on around us with our senses.
As children, we were all able to daydream, imagine whole stories in our mind, and come up with fun and fantastic ideas.
Growing up, many of us began using that powerful ability to envision things such as success, creating hope and faith. Others, like me, used it to picture worst case scenarios and failure, creating worries and anxiety.
The point is that we never really stopped using our imagination but allowed our life circumstances and our mind to interfere with the images from our imagination and either attach a positive or negative meaning to something.
How to go inwards and access our imagination?
This past week, I have used Mercury Retrograde’s last phase and the sun in Pisces energy by remaking a painting I made years ago. While working on the older painting on the left, I wasn’t able to connect to my deepest feelings because the wounds (loss of my parents) were still too raw and the painting became ‘safe’ and ‘static.’ For the new painting, I wanted to allow myself to drift away from worrying about what colors would be right and what subjects or symbols I should include or not. I didn’t allow my mind to censor and filter my images with limiting thoughts such as, that is impossible, unrealistic, wrong, absurd, etc.
Once I dove deeper, past my conscious mind and awareness, I connected with my deepest feelings, allowing the images to emerge in the new painting on the right. Only at the end of the creative process, I invited my mind back in to look for some technical art issues such as composition, values, texture, etc.
Listening to classical or ethereal music before and during the creative process helped me to zone out of the mundane objective experience, connect with spirit, and flow into the Divine current.
To further let go of the safe material objective world, I used watercolors for the remake and not oils like in the former painting. Watercolors encourage me to trust the unknown and let go of what I know. Water is the element of Pisces and is intangible but a formidable creative force to tap into. It doesn’t want to be mastered, only trusted.
We can use the Pisces energies of this new moon during this big spiritual transition to write down our wishes, questions, and prayers for cosmic help.
We can ask whatever we want as long as our wishes are specific and aligned with the energies that are present. Below are some examples of questions and wishes in the spirit of Pisces, a time for intensifying energies generated by our prayers.
- How can I contribute to peace in the world?
- How can I use Pisces energy to transcend the material struggles for power in the world, without escaping in destructive behavior that could cause harm to me or others?
- How can I heal old wounds and transcend outdated beliefs, ideologies, and technologies?
- How can I raise my vibration and spiritual energy field?
- I want to learn to be conscious of the subtle divine current and the spiritual realm to understand deeper meanings and questions.
- Please guide me in connecting with Divine perception, my intuition, and my spiritual consciousness.
- What is the best way to use Saturn’s limiting energy to prevent me from romanticizing unrealistic ideals?
- How can I open myself up to abundantly receive and give agape love?
- How can I move compassionately forward in my community, in society, with my family and friends without losing touch with reality and without neglecting my own personal needs?
- Help me to find access to creativity and imagination, so that I can make creative improvements in my life.
- I would love to become conscious of subtle energetic development in the spirit and to act accordingly.
- What practice will help me to feel the sense of oneness with all creation?
- I want to practice to be in a receptive state of mind.
Note: We can’t ask others to reciprocate compassion or kindness because everyone has their own lessons, path, and needs; but, we can ask and intend:
- I would love to hold compassion for people with different beliefs and ideologies.
- I would like to be able to imagine how to be in someone else’s position and feel deep empathy for others.
- How can I connect with my own deepest feelings and spirit realm?
- I want to create a deeper connection with my own intuition, spirit, and higher spiritual wisdom for daily guidance and healing.
- How can I be caring and empathic without enabling someone to stay stuck in victimhood or to dwell on the past?
- In what way can I encourage people to move through the pain on the path of healing instead of enabling others to dwell on past traumas?
- How do I protect myself against people with destructive behavior or a hostile environment?
- Please help me to release connections with toxic people or bad habits.
- What can I do to stop taking turns with others in revolting, divisive speech (Uranus), and projecting fears (Saturn)?
- How can I maximize the spiritual energies Pisces can offer without getting out of touch with reality?
When asking the cosmic guides and forces to grant our wishes, it is important that we maintain a mindset of gratitude. We may ask for a wish to be granted, but we can’t dictate how our dreams will manifest. For example, while growing up, I asked for strength and wisdom and I was put into several very difficult situations where I had to develop inner strength and wisdom. Yet, I never asked for those specific challenging life circumstances.
Once we set our intention and put in our own efforts, help and guidance will appear in surprising and synchronistic ways.
If you feel a lot of resistance while writing your wishes and your mind is filled with doubts, ask yourself if you are truly ready for change or if it would be better to wait for another new Moon in a sign with energies that align more with your soul and goals.
Some wishes take longer to manifest than others. You can repeat this process every new Moon until you realize your goal. If, after 3 new Moons, you still haven’t come closer to realizing your dream, it could be an indication that important steps and questions have been skipped and need to be addressed first. In my case, I had to first learn how to deal with several painful losses before I was able to develop inner strength and wisdom.
This opportunity to realize our dreams, goals, and full potential with cosmic help is empowering.
On April 1, for the New Moon in Aries, we will build further on that sense of empowerment. We will then look back and reflect on which wishes came through, which questions were answered, and where we have to direct our focus with the help of the Go-Getter energies of Aries.
Love and Peace!
About the Author
Drawn in by a fear of the unknown, combined with curiosity about the future and the metaphysical realm, Ursula studied for three years with Dutch Astrologer, Liesbeth van Ravenhorst, in the early nineties.
As she was embarking on her own spiritual journey, her astrology practice became more about diving deep into our soul, connecting with our authentic self, and our soul purpose. Her love for humanity and every sentient being on earth motivated her to further expand her astrological knowledge by studying collective consciousness.
If she is not studying planetary influences, she is either writing or you can find her in her art studio painting and illustrating. All her work is inspired by her love for astrological insights, nature and her pets.