Recognising How We Uplift Our Energy
When we review the Celestine Prophecy, we see there is not one insight which states we should surf the web to look for our answers; all the information our protagonist receives is passed to him directly from others, in person. We may be able to entertain ourselves with a screen, but it’s crucial to remember that only rarely is it possible to elevate your energy through reviewing online content. We can read wise words, or comments which intrigue us, but only by consciously engaging with others, meditating, undertaking creative or artistic activity, or by being in nature, can we truly raise our spirit.
As the online world opens up to us, we must ensure we remain mentally present with those who are around us too. It’s imperative that we dedicate time to our loved ones when there are no screens switched on. Your loved ones are called that because you love them, right? They are the most important people in your life, so make sure you show them that by regularly stepping away from your phone.
Taking dinner together as a family can be one of the most wholesome times of the day, during which you can raise your energy by sharing good food and stories from your day. However, if the TV is on during mealtimes, you can be sure most eyes at the table will be drawn to the screen – so it’s vital that we don’t let technology stand in the way of our relationships, which can naturally, physically, and spiritually give us so much.
There is nothing about the plastic/ manmade devices that we hold so regularly in our hands that is physically good for us – in fact, it’s now coming to light more and more how harmful the signals transmitted from them can actually be! So, as we seek balance, self- regulating the time we spend on line, we must prioritise our actions by ensuring our virtual efforts don’t outweigh the physical.
An Interesting Energy Exercise
Below is a fun way to prove that screens can’t uplift your energy like natural elements can – and you’ll need at least one person to do this with you, so ask your partner or kids to play with you for a moment, and you might just all have a laugh together proving this exercise really works:
What you’ll need: A phone, a glass of water, a dining chair or stool, and a willing volunteer.
- Sit upright on the chair, with your feet flat, and have your helper stand behind you.
- If you’re right handed, lift your left arm up, so it’s raised straight out to your side, or if you’re left handed, raise your right arm. The palm of your hand should face down, and your hand will be in line with your shoulder.
- Ask your helper to put the palms of their hands on your arm, so one hand is in-between your wrist and your elbow, and the other is in-between your elbow and your shoulder.
- Now, ask them to try to push your arm down, while you try to resist against them. You should focus your energy, making every effort to keep your arm up.
- After 5-10 seconds, assess how easy it was for them to push your arm down.
- With that exercise complete, now take your phone and hold it in your dominant hand.
- Lift your other arm (not holding the phone) out to your side, just as before.
- Focus all your energy onto your phone, then ask your helper once again to try to push your arm down. Resist as much as you can.
- Compare how much energy your helper had to put in to lower your arm. Did you see any difference?
- Now put your phone down and take the glass of water into your dominant hand.
- Raise your other arm out to your side once again, and focus your mind completely on the water in the glass. Take a moment to connect with the water, then ask your helper once again to try to push your arm down. Resist them.
- What difference did you find? At this point you may wish to swap over and let your helper experience the exercise for themselves.
I’ve done this exercise dozens of times, and I’m yet to meet anyone who was physically stronger when they focused on the phone. So, whilst this is provided as a bit of fun, the moral here is key: mobile phones do not physically give us strength. So let’s move forward, ensuring we take time to step back from the phone, and give our attention to the physical, spiritual, miracle universe and loving souls that await us.
To be kept updated of all upcoming Celestine initiatives, subscribe to our newsletter.