Celestine Vision Volunteer
Solution Architect (Part Time)
As the first Solution Architect to be recruited by the Celestine Vision, you will lead and support the Celestine Vision Solution Design workstream by recommending designs to take forward to implementation. Producing designs for new systems and changes of any size and complexity, you will be looked to as the ‘expert’ within your area, evaluating and articulating recommendations for solutions that provide the best outcome for the Celestine Vision initiatives
As the Celestine Vision expands, the Lead Solution Architect will work with the Company Director to expand the voluntary technical IT team as appropriate, ensuring we recruit the right resource to implement our vision.
Key Responsibilities :
Assessment of business ideas
Assist in the assessment of business ideas, project scoping, the feasibility analysis of web-based solutions.
Assist with the investigation and cataloguing of functional and non-functional requirements, ensuring they align to the Outline Design and agreed scope
High level and detailed designs
1. Produce Outline Designs, High Level Designs and Detailed Designs for new systems and changes of any size and complexity
2. Ensure that all High Level and Detailed designs meet agreed Business Requirements, align with Strategy and Architecture, are cost effective, deliverable and supportable.
3. Act as the Technical Design Authority within a project to ensure that the Detailed Design, Build and Test align with the High Level Design to provide agreed quality assurance.
4. Lead the Solution Architecture capability by following design governance procedures and ensuring compliance that promotes high levels of quality assurance
Achieve a wide view on all significant developments across Solution Delivery, and ensure synergies and areas of misalignment are managed to successful conclusion.
1. Build strong relationships with peers and stakeholders.
2. Ensure that technical team members are clear on their responsibilities.
3. Coach and mentor other design/technical IT team members as recruited.
4. Inspire team members to continually improve ways of working
1. Minimum 5 years Solution Architecture experience.
2. A broad and balanced understanding of IT capabilities, methods and technologies
3. In-depth experience of the design and development of IT solutions
4. Experience of influencing senior stakeholders on the solutions for proposed initiatives
5. Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
Terms & Conditions
1. This is a remote based, volunteer position.
2. You will be able to commit a minimum of 8 hours a week to the cause.
3. You will provide your own IT equipment to work from.
4. You will be available for conference calls with a degree of flexibility to enable meetings with team members in varying time-zones.
5. You have read at least one of James Redfield’s Celestine Prophecy books.
Interested in this opportunity? We’d be delighted to hear from you! Please email your résumé and covering letter to email@example.com
With love and gratitude, The Celestine Vision Team